Nina Arthkamp, diploma pedagogue / advisor (Supervisorin DGSv), Psychosocial Counseling Service, Diversity
The challenges of studying art are great and it is not uncommon to be confronted with difficulties and crises in everyday life beyond one's own artistic development process, which can be overwhelming. For this reason, starting this summer semester, the HFBK is maintaining Psychosocial Counseling Services, which are open to all students as a point of contact and initial counseling and can provide support with the following issues:
- in dealing with conflicts, crises and fears
- difficulties in working together with teachers and other students
- in situations of psychological stress
- identity and orientation problems
- in the case of experiences of discrimination (e.g. ableism, classism, anti-Semitism, racism, sexism).
You are also welcome to take advantage of a consultation if the issue is still unclear. We listen to you, support you in sorting out your thoughts and look for solutions together. If necessary, we will refer you to further offers.
The counseling sessions are free of charge, anonymous and confidential. They take place in German or English, as desired.