Art School Alliance for Outgoings
Twice a year, the students of the HFBK can apply to spend a period studying abroad at one of the ASA partner institutions worldwide.
Selected students may study at a partner institution for the period of a semester (the length of which may vary depending on the institution). They will receive their travel costs and a monthly allowance from the Karl H. Ditze International Mobility Support Fund.
To be granted a scholarship, HFBK students must previously have acted as mentors to scholarship students from a partner university. The mentoring scheme is intended to help guests to feel at home in Hamburg and at the HFBK. At the same time, it allows students to get into contact with a student at the partner university before embarking on their scholarship studies there.
The ASA programme for outgoing HFBK students consists of two phases: one semester spent actively taking part in the student exchange programme in Hamburg and a further semester spent studying abroad at a partner university. Full participation in the programme in Hamburg during the preceding semester is a precondition for being allowed to undertake the semester of study abroad.
As mentors for the incoming ASA students, students are required to do the following things:
- Pick up the incoming ASA programme students from the airport/ from the station and give them the welcome folder, which includes all significant documents.
- Assist the ASA programme students in registering at the Bezirksamt (municipal district office), in opening an account and in finalising health insurance.
- Support the incoming students as they get to know the university and Hamburg.
- Inform the ASA students about exhibitions in Hamburg, and possibly accompany them to exhibitions.
- Participate in the Open Studios, including construction and dismantling.
Bachelor students who have completed their second year of study may apply with the following documents:
- the filled-in application form (page 2 and 3 of the PDF)
- a report by a professor
- a portfolio of selected works of art (digital and hardcopy)
There are two application periods every year:
- In April for an ASA stay in the summer semester of the following year (current deadline: 18 April 2019).
- In November for a stay in the winter semester of the following year (current deadline: t.b.a.).
Deadline: 18 April 2019
The current members of AG Internationales decide on the awarding of the bursaries.
- Mareike Stolley
- Room:04b Wa
- Phone: +49 40 42 89 89-247