Application Design, Film, Graphics/Typographs/Photography
For formal questions, e.g. about documents, about the application process:
- Students Office
- Room:Wartenau 15, Raum 01 / 06a
- Phone: +49 40 428 989-270 / -335 / -269
- Fax: +49 40 42 89 89-377
Current Opening Hours
Due to the measures taken to contain the Covid 19 pandemic, there will be no presence hours until further notice. We are happy to help you electronically: Please contact us by e-mail or telephone. In case of need, appointments can be arranged.
For questions related to the content:
- Steffen Voigt
- Room:144a Le
- Phone: +49 40 42 89 89-388
Requirements for Admission
A higher education degree is required to be admitted to the Master study programme »Fine Arts« with the degree title Master of Fine Arts. Applicants who do not have a higher education degree at the time of application but who will acquire one in the six months following the end of the application period may also apply.
Applicants must also demonstrate an independent artistic position during an entrance exam.
Proof of proficiency in the German language is not required.
Application process + dates for painting / drawing, stage space, time-related media, sculpture or theory & history
Applications are only possible for the winter semester. The following application steps are required for the application period indicated below:
Step 1: Online application
From February 2, 2021 to March 5, 2021, 4 p.m.: Please create an applicant account in CampusNet
As soon as you start an application, it will be given a number which you should refer to if you have any questions.
Step 2: digital application folder
If you have sent your online application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing an upload link.
- Upload your digital artistic application folder by March 5, 2021, 4 p.m. at the latest
-> with works from the last two years,
-> together with the required documents
-> in ONE PDF document.
-> The file size is limited to 70 MB
-> The document must be named as follows: Application number, last name, first name
-> There is no need to submit a physical application folder.
-> Late, incomplete and/or by e-mail received applications or subsequently submitted documents cannot be considered.
- For the major field of study FILM: For the major field of study "Film", film works of all kinds from the last two years should be submitted, ideally in full length, not in the form of trailers. Also welcome are screenplay drafts, storyboards, photographs, drawings, collages, sketchbooks or similar examples that best illustrate the applicant's working methods. Please upload your cinematic works in a video portal (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube or similar) and provide the link and, if necessary, the password in the PDF document.
- For the major field of study DESIGN: a freely formulated letter of motivation
- A draft for an artistic project, which is to be pursued as a focus of study
- The summary of your online application
- Curriculum vitae in German or English language
- A certified copy of your university degree
(Certificate or, if applicable, provisional certificate from the respective examination office)
Applicants whose university degree(s) were not written in German or English must also attach a certified copy of their original certificates with a translation in German or English.
- a passport/photo
The decision on admission to the program is made until the mid of June of the application year at the latest. Please refrain from making inquiries until then!
You will find all information and decisions in your applicant account in CampusNet
Your application data will be stored for a maximum of 12 months.
At the end of the application period, an entrance examination committee will examine the application folders. The commission is composed of three professors, two members of the intermediate academic staff with voting rights and two students without voting rights.
The commission evaluates the application folders in categories from A to C. Applicants who are rated A can begin their studies in the following winter semester. Applicants who are graded B have the opportunity to take part in a succession procedure. In those cases in which an evaluation is not possible on the basis of the application file alone, applicants will be invited for an interview. The interviews usually take place from mid to end of May.