Graduate Show 2021
About the Graduate Show
Every year - usually in July - the current graduates of the HFBK Hamburg present their final theses in a public exhibition. An external jury of experts selects the best work, which is awarded the coveted Karl H. Ditze Prize for the best thesis. In addition, the Stendar-Feuerbaum Foundation Scholarship and the HFBK Film Prize of the Hamburg Cultural Foundation will be awarded at the Graduate Show 2021.
Members of the jury
Adam Budak, Direktor Kestner Gesellschaft
Verena Gräfe-Höft, CEO Junafilm
Philipp Haverkampf, Galerist
Anna Jehle und Juliane Schickedanz, Direktorinnen Kunsthalle Osnabrück
Christian Kobald, Redakteur Spike Art Magazine
Mark Peranson, Programmleiter Berlinale
Merle Radtke, Leiterin Kunsthalle Münster
Angelika Ramlow, Projektleitung Arsenal – Institut für Film und Videokunst e.V. und
Deborah Schamoni, Galeristin.
As part of Final Cut, all final films made with funding from Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein will be presented in the auditorium of the HFBK.
Graduate Show 2021
24-26 September 2021
Friday 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday + Sunday, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Award ceremony: 24 September, 7 p.m.
Dayly guided tours:
- Pre-registration for the visit is not necessary.
- Do not enter the HFBK if there are signs of infection or contact with infected persons.
- A visit to the exhibition is only possible if you have been vaccinated against the Corona virus, recovered from Covid 19 or currently tested negative. Appropriate 3G proof will be checked at the main entrance.
- Please wear medical mouth-to-nose protection while in the building and maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be offered or consumed during the entire duration of the exhibition.
The detailed hygiene concept for the Graduate Show 2021 can be found here.